Appetizers are the perfect snack or appetizer recipe to take with you on a trip. Not only do they taste delicious, but they’re also easy to prepare and can be customized to match any occasion. In this post, we’ve compiled a list of 10 appetizer recipes that travel well and taste amazing.
From savory bacon-wrapped dates to cheese-stuffed olives, these recipes are sure to please. We also include tips on how to make them even better, preparing tips for each dish, and some best practices for making appetizers even more appetizing. So whether you’re planning a road trip or want a tasty snack, try one of these recipes.
- List Of 10 Appetizer Recipes That Travel Well
- Crab Cakes With Chipotle Aioli
- Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms
- Artichoke Hearts With Garlic Parmesan Dip
- Spinach And Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders With Blue Cheese Dressing
- Shrimp Scampi With Garlic Butter Sauce
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders With Mozzarella Cheese Sauce
- Gazpacho Soup With Crispy Spicy Salami Chips
- Roasted Red Pepper And Olive Tapenade On Baguette Rounds
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers With Homemade Aïoli
- How To Serve An Appetizer Recipe
- Best Tips For Making Appetizers Even Better
What Are Appetizers?
Appetizers are small, individual meals you can enjoy before any main course. They can be enjoyed as part of a social event or at home.
List Of 10 Appetizer Recipes That Travel Well
When it comes to appetizers, variety is the key. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of 10 appetizer recipes to please any palate. From savory dishes like shrimp cocktails and bacon-wrapped dates to sweet treats like fruit tarts and croissants, there’s something for everyone on this list.
Crab Cakes With Chipotle Aioli
Crab cakes are a popular appetizer that you can enjoy anywhere. They’re easy to make and portable, which makes them a great option for summertime get-togethers or potluck dinners.
These crab cakes are made with seasoned crabmeat and egg, rolled into small balls, and deep-fried until they’re golden brown. You can serve them with a chipotle aioli sauce that combines sour cream, chipotle peppers, garlic, and salt. It’s perfect for dipping into your favorite cocktail or serving as an appetizer.
This recipe is simple yet delicious, so it’s sure to please any palate. If you’d like to take it on the go, make sure to pack some treats for yourself.
Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms are a great appetizer recipe that travels well. They’re easy to prepare and serve in various ways, making them perfect for any event.
-20g butter, softened
-100g button mushrooms, chopped
-50g cheddar cheese, shredded
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
-1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking dish with the softened butter. 2. Mix the mushrooms, cheese, egg, salt, and pepper until well combined. Stir in the thyme leaves until well coated. 3. Stuff the mixture evenly into the baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Artichoke Hearts With Garlic Parmesan Dip
Artichoke hearts are a classic appetizer you can serve in many different ways. This garlic Parmesan dip is a great way to show off the artichokes’ delicate flavor and creamy texture. It’s easy to make and goes well with any crackers or breadsticks.
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups artichoke hearts, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 16)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together Parmesan cheese, milk, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside. (You’ll use this mixture later.)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until just beginning to brown; scrape up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Add artichoke hearts and cook until slightly softened but firm to the bite, stirring occasionally. They should take about 10 minutes total cooking time (not including prepping). Once you have made them, remove them from heat and let them cool slightly before serving warm or at room temperature.
Spinach And Bacon Wrapped Dates
Try spinach and bacon-wrapped dates if you’re looking for a tasty appetizer recipe that will travel well. This dish is healthy and satisfying; you can prepare it in just minutes.
– 16 dates, pitted
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 bunch of fresh spinach leaves, chopped
– 1/2 cup crumbled bacon (preferably from sustainable sources)
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the dates on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until soft.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until hot.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook until wilted down, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly before wrapping each date in a piece of spinach leaves and bacon slice.
- Season with cinnamon, salt, and pepper to taste before serving
Buffalo Chicken Tenders With Blue Cheese Dressing
Buffalo chicken tenders are a classic dish that is perfect for any party. They’re easy to make, and you can serve them with various toppings. This blue cheese dressing is a great way to customize them – it’s delicious and will add an extra punch of flavor to your appetizers.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 cups blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Shrimp Scampi With Garlic Butter Sauce
Shrimp scampi with garlic butter sauce is a delicious, hearty, and easy-to-make appetizer that is great for a party or any occasion.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 3 cups milk or chicken broth (more as needed)
– 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders With Mozzarella Cheese Sauce
Pepperoni pizza sliders are a perfect appetizer for any party. They’re easy to make and can be customized to everyone’s taste.
– 16 slider buns
– 1 pound pepperoni, sliced thin
– 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 cup pizza sauce
– Optional toppings: Italian seasoning, oregano, green olives, etc.
Gazpacho Soup With Crispy Spicy Salami Chips
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy appetizer to bring to a party or to eat as a light meal, Gazpacho Soup with Crispy Spicy Salami Chips is the perfect recipe!
This soup is made from tomato soup and chilled diced cucumber, topped with crispy salami chips, and served with sour cream. It’s perfect for a summer party or any other special occasion. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make – all you need are some ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
So whether you’re hosting a barbecue or just want to take your food options on the go, Gazpacho Soup with Crispy Spicy Salami Chips is a perfect choice.
Roasted Red Pepper And Olive Tapenade On Baguette Rounds
It’s a tasty appetizer that can be enjoyed anywhere with roasted red pepper and olive tapenade on baguette rounds is your best bet. This dish is easy to make and won’t take up much time or energy, perfect for a casual dinner party.
To make this appetizer, first, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, cut two round buns in half, and spread some jam or cheese inside each one—next, layer slices of roasted red peppers and olives on top of the jams or cheese. Finally, top each round with another half bun and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until everything is hot and bubbly. Serve immediately.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers With Homemade Aïoli
Grilled shrimp skewers are a perfect appetizer for any party! They’re easy to make and can be prepped in advance, so you can toss them on the fire when you’re ready to serve. And who doesn’t love aïoli? This recipe is made with fresh garlic and olive oil, so it has a really delicious kick.
– 1-2 lbs. of fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 1/2 cup of homemade aïoli (see below)
– Fresh thyme or rosemary for seasoning
– Paprika, for seasoning
– Ground black pepper for seasoning
– Olive oil or vegetable oil for cooking
– Wooden skewers or metal skewers
How To Serve An Appetizer Recipe
When you’re hosting a party or dinner, it’s important to think about what appetizers you’ll be serving. Not only do they make a great presentation, but they can also be a lot of fun to eat.
Here are 10 appetizer recipes that are perfect for traveling, each with its own unique flavor and texture. They’re sure to whet your appetite and keep your guests happy.
- Crab Rangoon: These delicious little dumplings are filled with crabmeat, cream cheese, and scallions and cooked until golden brown. They’re perfectly served with a sweet and sour dipping sauce or as part of an Asian-themed buffet.
- Avocado Toast:This dish is simple but elegant. Slices of toast are spread with avocado, then rolled up and fried until golden brown. It’s amazing served simply with salt and pepper or topped with melted cheese, or drizzled with honeycomb syrup for added sweetness.
- Meatballs on Skewers: These savory meatballs are great as an appetizer or main course. Skewer them and serve them grilled or barbecued in front of your guests. They’re also great served over crostini breadsticks for an extra layer of flavor and crunchy texture.
- Roasted Beet Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing: This beautiful salad is made from beets, arugula, and blue cheese dressing. It’s a delightful mix of textures and flavors that will leave your guests wanting more.
- Cheese Straws:These snack-sized appetizers are perfect for partygoers. Roll skewers filled with mozzarella or cheddar cheese, then deep fry them until their crunchy and golden brown. They make a great appetizer or snack food on their own but can also be served as part of an antipasto platter or Southern-themed buffet table.
Best Tips For Making Appetizers Even Better
When it comes to appetizers, quality is always key. However, sometimes you don’t have the time or space to cook a complex meal. That’s where Appetizer Recipes come in – they’re easy to make and can be enjoyed anywhere, no matter how small your kitchen or dining room is.
- choose bite-sized appetizers that are easy to eat and enjoy quickly
- make sure your appetizers are tasty and crunchy so that they will be a hit with even the pickiest eaters
- use healthy ingredients that will keep them light and flavorful
- pair your appetizer with a refreshing drink to round out the flavors nicely
- make sure your ingredients are prepped ahead of time, so all you have to do is cook them up when ready to serve
- store your appetizer in an airtight container in the fridge for maximum freshness and flavor
- serve your appetizer warm or cold, depending on what mood you’re in (warm dishes go better with a spicy sauce, for example)
- give your guests plenty of options for customization by adding different dressings or sauces to their servings
Appetizers are a delicious and easy way to liven up any meal. Whether you’re packing them for a road trip or hosting a dinner party, these recipes are sure to please. In addition to being easy to prepare, appetizers are perfect for traveling as they can be eaten anywhere, anytime. Read on for the best tips on making your appetizer recipes even better, and learn why appetizers are the perfect food for traveling.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.Is There Anything Special I Need To Do When Prepping My Appetizers, Such As Seasoning Them Beforehand?
Ans: Some people prefer to season their appetizers in advance so they can enjoy them either at home or on the go. Some of the most popular seasoning techniques include salt, pepper, herbs and spices, mustard powder, paprika, and garlic powder. It’s always a good idea to bring along your favorite condiments with you when traveling, as they will come in handy for variety and flavor.
2.What Are Some Of The Best Ingredients To Use For Mediterranean-Inspired Appetizers?
Ans: When it comes to Mediterranean-inspired appetizers, some of the best ingredients to use are olives, feta cheese, tomatoes, white onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and sun-dried tomatoes. These ingredients combine well together and provide a delicious and zesty flavor that will complement any main course.
3.How Do I Make Sure My Appetizers Will Taste Good When They’re Served In A Different Country?
Ans: There are a few things you can do to make sure your appetizers will taste good when they’re served in a different country. One way is to use unique ingredients that locals are familiar with. For example, you can add traditional Indian spices like cumin and coriander to your Greek feta cheese dip or Moroccan preserved lemons to your blackberry & brie tartlets. Experiment with flavors by pairing your favorite appetizers with international wines or beers.
4.How Can I Create Savory And Unique Vegan Appetizers That Everyone Will Love?
Ans: If you’re looking for an easy way to add some flavor and variety to your vegan diet, then try out some appetizer recipes. These simple dishes can be prepared in a few minutes, and they’re perfect for any party or get-together.
5.Can I Prepare Cold Or Warm Appetizers In Advance And Eat Them Later Without Them Getting Soggy Or Gross?
Ans: Prepping appetizers in advance and eating them later is a great way to reduce the number of meals you need to prepare each week. One of the best ways to do this is by storing them in an airtight container in the fridge.
This will prevent them from getting soggy or gross. Alternatively, you can prepare appetizers by cooking the ingredients separately and putting them together just before serving.
Lastly, you can prep appetizers by cooking the ingredients separately and freezing them for later. This way, you’ll have something to snack on when you’re feeling hungry without having to cook anything from scratch.