Yes, a duffle bag can be your carry on. It may not be the best option for a comfortable and hassle-free travel, but with a little preparation it could become one of the most convenient way to fly with your belongings. Here are some tips on how to choose the right duffle bag for you.
What Is Duffel Bag?
A duffel bag is a heavy-duty canvas suitcase with two side handles and a removable, hard rubber or plastic shell.
The main compartment is usually zippered on top, with the option of a smaller “finish” zipper.
No bag straps? No problem! You can just pull your duffle bag over one shoulder if you want to carry it in lieu of using its handles. The collapsible shell also doubles as packable storage when you’re not travelling since, they include compression straps built into the sides and backside (we have identified these same comp artments with the blue dots on our sample bag below).
What to Look for When Choosing a Duffle?
You should choose your duffel bag depending on how often you are travelling and what type of clothing/garment you need to carry. A side oriented luggable may be better for someone who is mainly travelling with cosmetics, toiletry items or electronics. If carrying large amounts of clothing, rather than buying separate pieces that might
not find their way into your bag, opt for a square or rectangular shaped duffel.
How Much Space do you Need?
– How many outfits do you bring on every trip with you? For example, if it’s going to be more than one week of wearables, then get the amount of clothes cover in grams X days per outfit multiplied by Days and multiply that by 450 max capacities. If this is your first time travelling with the clothing above, then maybe it’s best to travel with outfits rather than separate pieces (Note: this is not an endorsement of packing dry-cleaned clothes: only what you will wear). 150 x 7 = 1050 1050 X 4 = 4400 total capacity. That can fit a lot!
– If you are travelling for one or two days, then the smaller duffel that has less capacity is an optimal choice. This can carry a substantial weight in clothing with ease and check as much luggage as possible rest on your person or make overhead arrangements. As always there are no rules other than to consider what type of travel fits best for you.
For example: if it’s only going to be 2-day trip, then 2 days of outfits, then the duffle with less capacity will be better.
– If you are travelling even shorter than that, then just locate a random bag and use it as a container for your clothes/rugby gear if possible
– For those who want to pack more items without being weighed down or having any restrictions on how many items they can bring: Look at what size this particular duffle has and choose accordingly. Get a duffel that has a little more capacity.
Can A Duffel Bag Be A Carry On Delta?
If you are travelling on a budget airline like Delta, it might be better to use this bag as a carry-on instead of checking baggage. Be advised that they typically do not allow duffels over the size of 35L
– Get a smaller duffle
– If your items will fit into an under the seat storage bin, you can also bring that instead of the duffle.
Can a Duffel Bag Be A Duffle Bag Packing Cubes?
If you are interested in having more of a contained space for your items, then these packing cubes can be helpful with organizing everything. They come in 5-, 10-, 20- and 30-liter volumes which will help maximize the capacity before it gets too bulky!
If you’ve been struggling to figure out what to do with your carry-on bag, it’s time to put an end to the struggle. A duffle bag is exactly what you need! This versatile piece of luggage can fit everything from a weekend getaway to a week-long trip and still have room for more. There are many ways that you can use a duffle bag, but one of the most popular uses is as a carry-on bag.
Is it possible to use a duffle bag as a carry on?
Duffle bags are large, rectangular-shaped bags with a single strap. They can be used as carry-on luggage on an airplane because they do not exceed the size limit for carry-on luggage.
Can I bring the duffle bag with me in case my checked baggage gets lost or damaged?
No, you cannot bring the duffle bag with you. The company is responsible for checking and making sure that your luggage gets to your destination without any damage or loss.
Is a duffel bag a carry-on item?
The main difference between a duffel bag and a carry-on is the size. A carry-on bag can be up to 45 x 22 x 45 cm, while a duffel bag can be up to 90 x 60 x 20 cm. The answer is no, because it’s too big for the overhead bin on an airplane.
Is a duffle bag a personal item Delta?
Delta Air Lines defines a personal item as any bag, briefcase, laptop computer, or other item that can be placed in the overhead bin. A duffle bag is not considered a personal item by Delta Air Lines and is allowed to be carried on board the aircraft without charge.