48 states in 10 days is a challenging goal, but one that is possible with the right planning and preparation. In this article, we’ll detail everything you need to know in order to make the journey a success.
We’ll include tips on where to stay, what to eat, and how to get around – everything from what time of year to travel to which states are the best for viewing the amazing scenery. So if you’re looking to explore all 50 states in just 10 days, start reading now!
Thinking of covering 48 states in a 10-day road trip? A cross-country road trip in summer is a dream for many of us. The excitement of the road trip rises hundred times when you get to see the whole country.
A road trip gives you the flexibility to manage your time however you want to. So, you get to enjoy the big adventure fully. So, let’s get to the traveling 48 states in 10 days.
48 States In 10 Days [A Complete Guide]
Preparation For The Trip:
It’s going to one of the longest routes, so you must prepare beforehand. First of all, decide what kind of vehicle you are going to use. If you are doing a solo trip, bikes are the best option.
This is on hype because a well-reputed association named “Iron butt association” certifies this ride to be one of the most challenging rides. So, many riders try to achieve this as a feather to their throne.
However, driving safely is essential in such a long drive as you will travel through an unknown land.
Related: Have You Traveled To Other Countries In The Previous Ten Years?
You must check out the route first. If you find a circuit road that starts near your home, it will make things easier for you. Plan your days first. That means when you are going to reach which state and where you are going to stay. If you have sorted out these things, it’s easier for you to navigate.
However, computing an optimal road trip plan is not a child’s play. I have got my ideas from Randal S. Olson’s blog. He has come up with a plan to hit 48 states and most of the beautiful monuments and natural beauties within nine days.
But that will happen if you have the road to yourself. But that is not going to be the case for you. Still, you can say within ten days, and you’ll hopefully get to see the wholesome beauty of the great land.
On this trip, you will never leave the USA and visit contiguous states.
Here I have added the map that shows one of the most optimized routes. It saves your time yet lets you see 48+ landmarks and monuments. Let’s have a look at what you are going to see through your trip.
- Toltec Mounds, AR
- Elvis Presley’s Graceland, TN
- Vicksburg National Military Park, MS
- Wright Brothers National Memorial Visitor Center, NC
- Mount Vernon, VA
- White House, Washington, DC.
- Colonial Annapolis Historic District, MD
- New Castle Historic District, DE
- Cape May Historic District, NJ
- Liberty Bell, PA
- Statue of Liberty, NY
- The Mark Twain House & Museum, CT
- The Breakers, RI
- Shelburne Farms, VT
- data-preserver-spaces=”true”>Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Craters of the Moon, ID
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park, NM
- The Alamo, TX
- The Platt Historic District, OK
- Fox Theater, MI
- Taliesin, WI
- Ashfall Fossil Bed, NE
- Mount Rushmore, SD
- Fort Union Trading Post, ND
- Glacier National Park, MT
- Okefenokee Swamp Park, GA
- Fort Sumter National Monument, SC
- Lost World Caverns, WV
- Hanford Site, WA
- Columbia River Highway, OR
- San Francisco Cable Cars, CA
- San Andreas Fault, CA
- French Quarter, LA
- USS Alabama, AL
- Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, FL
- Spring Grove Cemetery, OH
- Mammoth Cave National Park, KY
- West Baden Springs Hotel, IN
- Abraham Lincoln’s Home, IL
- Gateway Arch, MO
- C. W. Parker Carousel Museum, KS
- Terrace Hill Governor’s Mansion, IA
Related: How Long Does It Take Mail To Travel From City To City?
Tips For The Journey:
- High speed can cause you more harm than good. In long-distance riding, people forget about the speed limit often and end up in the hospital.
- Make sure that your vehicle is in good condition. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your precious time changing tires.
- Avoid boredom! Make sure you stop, get fuel, and appreciate the beauty. Don’t just drive relentlessly.
- You can face extreme weather conditions in many states. So, make sure that you are approaching with a positive mind.
- Staying hydrated is a must. This is a long journey, so don’t let it take a toll on your health. Carry at least half a gallon of water with you.
- Don’t forget to take your necessary first aid kit and medications. Having pain killers with you can help you in crucial conditions.
- Always get gas before it is utterly necessary.
- Take help of GPS and Google map whenever you need.
Related: 18 Reasons Of Why I Hate Traveling?
Yes, that’s right! If you want to see the United States in 48 states in 10 days, then this is the perfect guide for you. Written by a travel blogger who has visited all 48 states, this book provides a step-by-step guide to visiting each state in just 10 days.
Along the way, you’ll learn about the history and culture of each state, as well as some of the best places to stay and eat.
The book is divided into 10 chapters, and each chapter covers a particular state. Each chapter includes detailed instructions on how to get there and what to do while you’re there, as well as recommendations for where to eat and sleep.
The author also includes helpful appendixes with information on things like attractions and events in each state.
So if you’re looking for a comprehensive guide that will take you through every state in just 10 days, then this book is perfect for you! It’s both informative and entertaining, so you’ll be able to enjoy your journey while learning a lot about the United States along the way.
Are you itching to explore all 48 US states in 10 days? If so, we have just the guide for you! In this article, we will show you exactly what you need to do to make this dream a reality.
From planning your route to packing your bags, we will take you step-by-step through the entire process.Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or this is your first time out of the country, this guide has everything you need to make the trip of a lifetime.
So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and hit the road! I hope now you know the method of traveling 48 states in 10 days.
How Long Does It Take to Visit All 48 States?
Answer: About 45 hours to drive coast to coast. That makes 6 to 8-hour days.
How Many Miles Are All 48 States?
Answer: About 14,000 miles.
Which Road Trip in the Usa Is Favored to Take?
Answer: California’s Highway 1, Route 66, Great river road, Oversea’s highway, The loneliest road are the popular ones for a road trip.
How Much Would It Cost for One Person to Travel All 48 States?
Answer: For gas alone, you will have to pay over 1000$. For one person, the whole trip may cost around 2900$- 4000$. But if you are on a family tour, the cost per person will not be as much.
No matter what preparations you take, this trip is going to be an adventurous one. Therefore, I hope you find all the pieces of information you need before you start your grand tour and have a safe journey. If you have enjoyed the journey already, comment below and let us know about your experience.
What Is the Shortest Route to Visit All 48 States?
The shortest route to visit all 48 states is the “10-day route.” This routing will take you through Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky. The only break in this route is to visit the Lincoln Memorial, as that can be easily done outside of normal visiting hours.