Are you packing your travel snacks for the trip with healthy intentions? If not, you’re missing out on some of the best and tastiest snacks. By following these 8 Best Healthy and Tasty snacks to Take on a Trip, you’ll be well on packing healthy snacks that will sustain you on your trip.
Not only that, but by packing healthy and tasty snacks, you’ll also be sure to enjoy your trip. So put these healthy travel snacks to good use and have a blast on your next trip.
What Makes A Healthy Travel Snack?
A healthy travel snack should be low in sugar and fat, provide plenty of protein and fiber, and be easy to transport and consume. Some good options for healthy travel snacks include hard-boiled eggs, a trail mix with nuts or seeds, yogurt with granola or fresh fruit, and applesauce. Make sure to pack a variety of them so that you’re always able to find something that satisfies your hunger without ruining your diet.
8 Best Healthy And Tasty Snacks To Take On A Trip
When traveling, it’s important to pack healthy and tasty snacks to keep you energized and happy. Make sure to include fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and whole grains in your arsenal. Additionally, pack some water for when the hunger pangs start to hit. By following these 8 best healthy and tasty snacks to take on a trip, you’ll surely have a great trip.
1. Roasted Chickpeas
When it comes to snacks, there’s nothing better than roasted chickpeas. They are filling and taste great, making them the perfect travel companion. You can enjoy them as is, add them to salads or wraps, or even use them in breakfast bowls – they’re versatile.
To make sure you get the most out of your roasting experience, prepare them just before leaving for your trip. This will give the chickpeas time to absorb the spices and flavorings. And last but not least – don’t forget to store them in an airtight container, so they stay fresh while you’re away.
2. Smoked Salmon
A smoked salmon is a great option if you’re looking for a healthy and protein-rich travel snack. It’s high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for maintaining healthy skin and hair, and boasts other dietary benefits as well. Some of the best brands to try include Wildwood Spirit Smokehouse Salmon Fillets and Pacific Organic Smoked Fish.
Like chickpeas, it’s important to store smoked salmon in an airtight container if you plan on taking it with you on your trip. And just in case there isn’t room inside your luggage – remember to bring along a small container to store it in on the go.
3. Fruitarian Snacks
Fruitarian snacks are the perfect solution if you’re looking for a healthy and satisfying travel snack that doesn’t contain any animal products. They’re high in fiber, which is great for keeping your digestive system regular and minimizing bloating, and they also feature a variety of vitamins and minerals. Some of our favorite fruitarian snacks include almonds, trail mix made with nuts, seeds, raisins, dried apricots, or dates – all packed with healthy protein – and yogurt topped with fresh fruit.
4. Cottage Cheese
Cottage cheese is a tasty and healthy snack that can be consumed on the go. It provides essential protein and calcium, making it perfect for vegetarians or vegans. Additionally, cottage cheese is gluten- and dairy-free, so people with food allergies or intolerance can enjoy it without issues.
Since cottage cheese is low in sugar, it’s a great option for those trying to reduce their sugar intake. This way, they get the nutrition they need while staying within their daily calorie limit.
5. Hard-Boiled Egg
Another great travel snack option is a hard-boiled egg. They’re high in protein and healthy fats, so they’re satisfying but not too heavy. Plus, they come packed with some essential vitamins and minerals – including vitamin B12. It’s also a good source of potassium, which helps to maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
6. Quinoa And Hemp Seed Snack Balls
Quinoa and Hemp Seed Snack Balls are a healthy and nutritious snack that can enjoy anytime, anywhere. They are vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free, making them ideal for vegans or people on special diets.
They also travel well – packing easily into a bag or suitcase without requiring preparation. This makes them perfect for when you need to stay healthy on the go but doesn’t have time to prepare anything elaborate.
7. Blueberry And Almond Yogurt Parfaits
Blueberry and almond yogurt parfaits are a great way to keep your energy up while on the go. They’re healthy, filling, and satisfying – everything you’d want in a snack. You can make them quickly and easily, so they’re perfect when you don’t have much time to spare. Plus, with pre-made lunches always handy, packing snacks won’t be a hassle anymore.
8. Mini Peanut Butter Cups
Mini peanut butter cups are a classic travel snack that everyone loves. They’re easy to pack and fill up on sugar – perfect for when you need a little something to tide you over until your next meal. Plus, they’re dairy-free and peanut free, so people with food allergies or intolerance can enjoy them without any issues.
Tips For Choosing Healthy Snacks While Traveling
When traveling, it’s important to pack healthy snacks that keep you energized and satisfied on long journeys. Here are a few tips for choosing the right snacks:
- Stick to whole food options whenever possible. These include fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Choose low-sugar foods and drinks. This means avoiding artificial sweeteners, high-fat foods, and excessive amounts of sugar.
- Make sure your snacks are packed with fiber to help you feel full longer. Fiber is especially beneficial when you’re traveling because it helps regulate bowel movements and keeps your blood sugar levels stable.
- Avoid salty foods and drinks altogether if you want to stay hydrated. Sodium can dehydrate you quickly in hot climates or during vigorous exercise.
How To Pack A Healthy Snack For A Road Trip
When on a road trip, it’s important to pack a healthy snack that will keep you fueled and content throughout the journey. Here are some ideas:
- Protein bars or other high-quality snacks that contain protein and vitamins. These will help sustain you during long drives and ensure you don’t get too hungry or tired.
- Healthy fruits like grapes, apples, or oranges. They’re low in sugar and provide plenty of nutrients and antioxidants, which can help keep your energy levels up throughout the day.
- Nuts or seeds are a great source of protein, fiber, magnesium, vitamin E, and other essential nutrients that will help keep you energized all day.
- Shelf-stable yogurt with fresh fruit is a healthy snack that is easy to take with you anywhere because you can just stir in whatever fruit you have on hand.
Travelling can be a great way to explore new places and meet new people, but it can also be tiring. That’s why it’s important to pack healthy snacks that will keep you energized and satisfied while on your trip. Check our blog for our top 8 healthy snacks to take on a trip, and start packing your bags today.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are There Any Specific Types Of Nuts Or Seeds That Are Best For On-The-Go Snacking?
Ans: Nuts and seeds are great snacks as they’re high in protein and healthy fats. They’re also low in calories and sugar, so they’re ideal for on-the-go snacking.
Consider packing trail mix or an energy ball to pack snacks on your next trip. These snacks are high in protein and healthy fats and can help you feel energized on long trips.
2. Can I Pack My Trail Mix Or Other Healthy Snack Options?
Ans: Trail mix is a great option for healthy snacks. You can easily pack snacks like hard-boiled eggs, nuts or seeds, fruits or veggies diced up, hummus, and pretzels. If you’re looking for something sweet but not unhealthy, try packing some dark chocolate bars or honey suckers.
3. What About Fruit? Is It Good To Bring Along Plenty Of Fresh Fruit When Traveling?
Ans: When traveling, it’s important to ensure you stick to healthy and nutritious snacks. That doesn’t mean you have to avoid fruit altogether- fruit is a great way to enjoy freshness while on the road.
You can pack fruit into a nice, portable container and enjoy it as a snack on the go. Some great ideas for fruit snacks include smoothies, energy bars, granola bars, trail mix balls, and fruit leathers.
4. How Can I Make Sure That I’m Getting Enough Hydration While On My Travels?
Ans: When traveling, it’s important to ensure you’re getting enough hydration. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Always pack a hydration bottle and drink plenty of water while on your trip.
- If you’re looking for something more substantial than water, try packing snacks like fruits, nuts, seeds, trail mix, or Vega One shake packets.
- Make sure to bring along an assortment of healthy drinks, such as herbal teas or fruit juice blends to help regulate energy levels and satisfy your stomach.
5. What Snacks Will Help Me Stay Energized While Traveling?
Ans: When traveling, it’s important to stay hydrated and energized. Snacks recommended for this purpose include roasted chickpeas with tahini sauce, raw veggie bowls with quinoa tabbouleh, lentil curries with basmati rice, strawberry milkshake smoothie bowls topped with chia seeds, and dark chocolate shavings.
If you’re looking for something sweet but not too unhealthy, try trail mix bars loaded up with nuts and fruit.
I’m a travel blogger with a focus on safety. I’ve been to all seven continents, and I love sharing my tips for staying safe while traveling. I also have a lot of experience with travel hacking and finding the best deals on airfare and hotels. My blog features reviews of restaurants, hotels, and attractions around the world.