Samsonite locks are quite popular, especially when it’s on the suitcase or luggage; you can’t travel with a suitcase trusting the zips or temporary locks, can you?
Well, you would definitely want a lock for a suitcase from a renowned brand & that may be Samsonite; some people ask a question- Samsonite suitcase lock jammed- what to do?
However, I also faced such situations in my whole life, especially when the locks get older, it’s quite common for travelers that their travel bags may get stuck due to jam.
However, that’s why I learned all the techniques to open it no matter which brand my suitcase lock belongs to. Anyway, let’s find out the methods to open or sort out the jammed suitcase lock problems & the reasons behind it getting jammed.
What Can Be the Reasons for a Samsonite Suitcase Lock Get Jammed?
Let’s find out the reasons of a Samsonite suitcase lock to jammed; these are quite simple & any of them can happen at any time because they are very common:
- First & most common reason behind it is internal damage; you may not see it but the locking system.
Thus, it can be jammed no matter what position it is in; the lock may jam at the closed or opened position.
- Secondly, the lock may break from the outside; as a result, you can’t lock the unlocked one or open the locked one. That needs the suitcase to be replaced or the locks to be repaired.
- Another thing that can occur with your suitcase is the numbers you have chosen as pins may get damaged, you may forget the number that unlocks your suitcase, or you may have pressed the wrong number mistakenly; therefore, you have to fix the problem according to the requirement.
However, you must find out the reason first before you start looking for the situation because when you find the lock is jam, you don’t know why it is like that from the beginning, do you?
How Can You Fix The Jam Lock When You Forgot the Password?
Well if anybody asks you if his or her Samsonite suitcase lock jammed what to do, especially when it’s regarding the key numbers, you must suggest that person reset his suitcase lock again.
The reset method of a jammed suitcase lock & fixing it is one of the easiest task to do; one has to follow the rules below:
- First of all, in the first step to reset, you have to take the lock pads out; you are supposed to do that one by one. At first, you have to bring the first one, & then the second & third one respectively.
- Please create a pressure on the lock because it is necessary to rekey or reset the lock; the dials will click while spinning if you put the sufficient pressure on the lock.
- Next you have to dial three numbers; for instance, it can be 111, 222, or 999, but you have to press the three numbers perfectly. Thus, your lock will be open if it was closed & you can bring the things out if you want to unpack things, but what next?
- You must start the main reset process in the next step immediately; you have to set the dials in 000 order because that’s how the procedure begins.
- However, you must turn the shackle of your lock into a 90° angle clockwise; that’s the step to push the shackle out of the lock & that should be your next target.
- In the next step, you have to set your desired 3-digit code on your lock; it may be a new one or the same as the previous one, but you have to set it & remember it well.
- Lastly, you have to put the shackle & pull it to its respective place; moreover, you have to set the lock into its previous position. Thus, you can have your suitcase lock free to use again & if you remember the code, you might not face any problem further.
After you have fixed the jam lock, you must recheck it to ensure that it’s working properly or not; if it’s okay, your work is done.
How To Open A Jammed Samsonite Suitcase Combination Lock: Step by Step Guidelines
If you want to learn & properly open a Samsonite combination lock that is jammed, you have to know & follow the steps given below; please make sure you are not missing any of these:
- Please take the luggage or suitcase in such an angle so that you can see the whole locking system & easily reach that; after that you can start the process.
- If you don’t have plenty of light in your room, don’t be stressed because your suitcase lock comes with a spare light to recover it if it’s the combination one.
- Once you have turned on the light inside & saw the numbered wheels inside, you should start spinning them from the left corner; however, you will see three wheels in total.
- Please keep spinning the wheel until you hear a sound like a click; anyway, you can go through the middle & right one afterward.
- In the next step, you have to hold the latch of the lock outside so that you can release the clasp in there.
- Moreover, you have to reset your combination suitcase lock holding the button inside it; please press it tightly & rotate the number wheels again.
- Anyway, set the new combination number & you can release the button finally; please check if the new combination lock is properly working or not.
This is technically the last step of repairing the jam lock; you must write down the new pin on a piece of paper or something that you will never lose & it will remain confidential as well.
However, you have seen that the steps given are very much easy & if your suitcase lock has no complicated problem, you can fix the issue within half an hour.
Therefore, you don’t have to depend on other people to repair your lock, but what if it has other problems?
Suppose any part of your suitcase lock has broken or changed its alignment, you must find out where it is & if you can fix that or not.
For instance, if your bag lock’s wheels are somehow broken, you have to take it to the showroom if it’s within the warranty period; you may call for some professional help otherwise.
You may have to replace some items sometimes or if the damage that occurred is irreparable, you may have to change your travel bag as well; that won’t happen unless your bag encounters any hard thing or accident.
Moreover, some parts may damage if the suitcase & its lock gets much older.
We hope you have read the whole article & found the way to fix the Samsonite suitcase lock when it’s jammed; you may not have any confusion about what Samsonite suitcase lock jammed what to do.
However, no matter wherever you travel, please check your bag’s lock before packing your stuff inside.
Moreover, please keep the note of your pin number & other necessary things in your diary or somewhere it can be safe.